Monday, August 07, 2006

Some Irony For Lunch

"Our race is the Master Race. We are divine gods on this planet. We are as different from the inferior races as they are from insects. In fact, compared to our race, other races are beasts and animals, cattle at best. Other races are considered as human excrement. Our destiny is to rule over the inferior races. Our earthly kingdom will be ruled by our leader with a rod of iron. The masses will lick our feet and serve us as our slaves."
— Israeli Prime Minister Menechem Begin

If you can verify whether or not Begin actually said this, I will tell you where I got it.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

No, he did not. I actually read a speech he gave and it was really good. I guess I have no proof that he actually gave the speech though. My boss gave it to me to read.

Rachel said...

By the way, where did you get that from?

Bethany said...

Jim, I looked up that quote, and it's seems pretty crazy. It's on lots of websites- antisemetic , non-antisemetic... It's hard to tell if the guy really did or didn't say it. But why should we care what some Rabbi in NYC says? We have the Bible and we're still to support Isreal, even if a few Jewish Rabbi's think they are gods over us.

So, tell us. True or False?

Bethany said...

PS. I read somewhere that that was a quote from a Rabbi in NYC. Correct me if wrong.

Martha said...

I don't care whether he said it or not. As a Christian I don't want to feed the fires of hatred for the Jews and wouldn't repeat it. Our love of the Jewish people isn't based on whether they think they are superior or not, but on the fact that God has chosen them for a special purpose. Sad that they don't seem to realize that that purpose themselves.

James Austin said...

I seriously doubt he said this. Here are just a few reasons:
a.) Begin was one of the foremost advocates of the Zionist movement. However, this quote appears almost solely on anti-Semetic, anti-Zionist websites.
b.) It contradicts mainstream Jewish religious thought.
c.) It would be a really dumb thing to say.
I got this quote in a forwarded email lambasting Israel's attack on Hezbolla, and accusing them of committing atrocities against the Lebanese. (Courtesy Imam Siddiqi, NYC)